MEPAP 2nd Edition Part Two is an advanced course content in which seasoned Activity Directors will learn the over-all skills needed to direct an effective and meaningful activity department in a long term care setting. This course format is an experiential learning method resulting in hands-on learning interactions with staff through-out the facility, residents, and community contacts. Emphasis will be on staff support, enhancing resident quality of life through enrichment programming, regulatory compliance, and leadership skills creating a successful environment on both a professional and personal level.
Part Two Course Curriculum
90 hours of supervised practicum
90 hours of course work
- Activity Department Responsibilities
- The System of Activity Program Development
- Administrative Practices in the Activity Profession
- Community Relations Part Two
Core Content is 12 -20 (CC) that includes the following:
- The Art and Science of Management
- Advocacy within the Organization
- The Planning Function of Management
- The Organizing Function of Management
- The Staffing Function of Management
- The Directing Function of Management
- The Controlling Function of Management
- Field Experience: Practice based learning
Expected Outcomes Include:
- Learn steps towards national certification for Activity Assistant (AAC), Activity Director (ADC), and Activity Consultant (ACC) through the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP)
- Recognize the value of leisure for the aging population
- Assess the physical, social, and cognitive capabilities of clients for activity planning
- Develop and implement a plan of care specific to individual needs
- Facilitate an activity program appropriate for individual clients
- Become familiar with and utilize community resources such as volunteers, church groups,and various organizations
- Develop leadership techniques and team building skills
- Understand Federal and State regulations and facility policy and procedures regarding the activity program.
*It is important to note that upon completion of MEPAP 2nd Edition, activity professionals will fulfill one of the educational components developed by NCCAP to be used toward becoming nationally certified as an Assistant (AAC), Director (ADC), or Consultant (ACC). Please refer to www.nccap.org for complete details and information on Levels of Certification.
To request more information on MEPAP 2nd Edition including fees and registration, click here.